Week 3 Senior Newsletter
Dear Parents, girls and boys,
Welcome back to Term 4! With only 5 weeks left until the concert there is great excitement as
costumes arrive, sets and props are built, lighting is formulated and cleaning of routines is in full
swing. Please see below in dot points, information updates and reminders. Please call anytime for any
clarification as we are open at reception from 9.00am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00-2.00pm
Sunday 28th October –LFK and Fox FM supporting and dancing at the Great Strides Fun Run in the
Botanical gardens at Tom’s block at 10am. Come along and watch the LFK girls perform.
Sunday the 11th November- Photo Day at LFK from 3.30pm. Photo timetable highlighted and handed
out in class. There is a copy in the foyer.
Sunday 11th November: Junior Show* Finale Rehearsal at LFK: 4.30-5.00pm. *Only Kinder Dance, Prep
Jazz and Grade 1 Jazz required after photo shoot.
Sunday 25th November: Senior Show* Finale rehearsal at LFK 4.30-5.30pm. Compulsory*All Students
participating in the 2 senior shows need to attend.
Friday 30th November at Xavier College -Full Dress Rehearsal for the Senior Shows from 4.30pm
Saturday 1st December at Xavier College-Showtime
Senior Show 1 -12.30pm
Senior Show 2 -6.30pm
Musical Theatre Extra Rehearsals:
Sunday the 18th of November Venue: LFK Time: 4.00-6.00pm
Sunday the 25th of November Venue: LFK Time: 5.30-7.30pm
All Musical Theatre classes on Tuesday and Wednesday are required to attend.
Ballet Extra Rehearsals:
Sunday 18th the November Venue: LFK Time: 2.00-4.00pm
Sunday 25th the November Venue: LFK Time: 2.30-4.30pm
All Ballet classes on Monday and Friday are required to attend.
Tap Extra Rehearsals
Sunday 18th the November Venue: LFK Time: 6.00-7.15pm
All Tap classes on Wednesday are required to attend.
Tickets on sale on the Friday the 2nd of November
Tickets will be on sale on Friday the 2nd from 9.00am. To purchase tickets, go to the Lifestyle for Kids
website www.lifestyleforkids.com.au and click on the ‘Elements’ logo. Follow the prompts on Try
Booking and print out your tickets** to bring on the day. Tickets are $28 per seat in the Junior show.
Concession and Pensioner tickets for the Senior shows are $28, and adult tickets are $39.00. Please
bring a copy of your concession card to present to the ushers if applicable. ***Programs and DVD’s
are also available to pre –order online with Try Booking.
Bus and Snack pack bookings
There are still spots available for a 1-way trip to Xavier College from LFK to Xavier college on Friday the
30th November. The cost is $15.00 per child and the bus leaves from LFK at 3.30pm sharp. Snack packs
are available for the 30th Rehearsal night, and must be pre ordered at $10 each. They include a piece
of fruit, a bottle of water, Mini pretzels, a muesli bar and Grain waves.
Make up bookings:
LFK has organised a make up artist to attend the concert and apply make up for those who book in. A full face of make up is $20, this includes touch ups. They are also able to apply fake eyelashes for those who need help! The application is $10 and the eyelashes are BYO. Bookings are essential and can be made at reception!
• Costume invoices will be handed out to most classes in week 4. Payment can be made at
reception and costumes will be handed out from week 5 if paid in full. Please note costumes
will not be handed out if term fees have not been paid in full unless by arrangement with
• Costume checklists and hair and make-up requirements will be attached to your costumes on
• Back stage helpers roster is up in the foyer to fill in! Help is still needed in the dressing rooms
so please check the roster. Only those with a backstage pass will be allowed to stay backstage.
If you would like to sell programs, be an usher or work in the kiosk or bar there are positions
available and your help is greatly appreciated.
• Rehearsal information for the senior show and Performance information packs will be handed
out in class over the next 2 weeks.
• The Junior concert, Act 1 and the Act 2 order will be up in the foyer very soon so you can plan
and practice your costume changes.
• Music for all routines are on the website so you can practice at home.
• Dress rehearsal order for Xavier will be up next week. Younger students will rehearse first and
are welcome to continue watching, or go home.
• Program’s are available at the show for $10.00 please bring cash only. If you have preordered,
they can be collected from the kiosk on level 1 at Xavier.
• DVD’s will be available for pre- order or purchase at LFK reception they will be $40.00.
• The kiosk will be open upstairs for refreshments before the show, at intermission and after
the show. Please bring cash only as there are no eftpos facilities.
• Wine and beer is also available at the Saturday 12.30 and 6.30pm shows cash only.
• There are no videos or photos permitted during the concert. Xavier college has prohibited all
unlicensed photography and videography. Usher will ask you to refrain and fines may be
issued for copyright.
• Dancewear Nation is ready to help you with all you dance wear needs, shoes, tights and
accessories.@ 70 Douglas Parade Williamstown. We will be setting up a pop up shop at LFK on
Sunday the 11th of November from 4.30pm
• LFK has your new dance shorts in all sizes as you must have them in good condition for the
finale. (Excluding Kinder Dance)
• Please do not miss any classes over the next few weeks as it is very disruptive and dance is a
Please note for the senior concert, all students will have the same singular hairstyle. Please
find photos of the compulsory hairstyle in the foyer at reception. This hairstyle will alleviate any stress backstage
of changing hairstyles for different routines. The ponytail must be straightened. Ballet can
twist the ponytail into a bun. Please pre-organise your own braiding from either a senior
student, a parent or a hairdresser so you are organised on the day.
Thank you for your support please call anytime and we can help you with anything you may
need. Looking forward to a concert filled with Elements.
Tracy and the LFK team xox